In 2011, when Government 2.0 was still a new concept to many, the fifth elected mayor of the City of Seoul, Mr. Wonsoon Park, introduced many policies to promote democracy based on civil participation after his inauguration. As one of his key agenda, he suggested the Governance 2.0, based on the concepts of ‘Communication, Cooperation, and Participation,’ as he established the foundation for promoting citizen participation in the governance of the city and sought to provide all administrative information of the city through the Information Communication Plaza.
Information Disclosure → Information Sharing → Communication & Participation
- We serve the citizens. → We work together with the citizens.
- The City of Seoul makes the decision on its own. → We make our decisions with the citizens
- We wait until the problem is solved. → We solve our problems together.
Direction of the Information Disclosure Policies
The City of Seoul discloses all of its administrative information except for that information designated as classified in accordance with the law. Through this policy, the city upholds the rights to information of the citizens, enhances transparency in the administration, and promotes accountability. Also, through the Information Communication Plaza of the city, the metropolitan government gathers up and returns various administrative information to its citizens.
Nude Project diagram
- Upholding The Right to Information
- Administrative Transparency - Fully disclosing all the administrative information except for that information designated as classified in accordance with the law.
- Administrative Accountability - Upholding the rights to information of the citizens, transparency in the administration, and accountability.
Seoul Information Communication Plaza
In order to implement our Nude Project successfully, the City of Seoul established the document disclosure system and the Information Communication Plaza in an innovative manner to disclose the administrative information automatically, while allowing the citizens to access the administrative information more easily through smartphones and other devices. As a result, the administrative information of the city is being provided more effectively and substantively.